I updated the Homework schedule.
Next week we will finish reading Beowulf.
Monday: Reading quiz. Hint: Be sure you know who's who.
Quizzes are necessary evils - that keep you honest and reward you for reading closely.
Thursday: Boasts are DUE. See below.
Friday: Reading Quiz on end of Beowulf.
We will discuss all of this soon!
VI Form British Literature
Due Thursday, September 19, 2013
“Beowulf” Boast assignment
You will create a Boast similar to the one written about Beowulf.
1. Think of something you are good at or simply enjoy.
· Baby sitting
· Collecting certain objects
· Gamer (Playstation, X box, etc)
2. Write a poem bragging about your skills in this area (15-20 lines)
3. Number the lines in increments of 5
4. Include the following literary devices and label each literary device at the end of the sentence in which it appears.
5. Include a line about your parentage.
Son of an avid golfer
Descendant from a legendary singer
Derived from …
Boasts must be typed!